2.5
Style and Design

Update by user Jul 01

They offered me a paltry $25 and free shipping after I spend another $600 for another set. I told them not to bother and don't insult me like that. Done with FG forever.

Original review posted by user Jun 01

Purchased two sets of their Balencia Chaise Lounge Chairs.Four total.

I brought the chairs out of protected winter storage and one of the chairs had deteriorated and was not useable. Out of warranty so no return was allowed. When I wanted to purchase a replacement chair they would only sell me the pair at full price. The quality Frontgate advertises is not there, nor is their customer service.

Purchasing their expensive products is a RIP OFF. I have spent literally thousands at Frontage.

Sometimes even knowing I could find lower priced items elsewhere, but I was hoping for good customer service.I'm looking to purchase and replace their defective item, but I'm not going to pay double for what I need.

Review about: Frontgate Outdoor Furniture.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Frontgate?

Comments

The same thing happened to me.Bought 2 of these chairs and I noticed that the wicker was starting to crack and break on one of them in the same spot as yours.

I thought perhaps an animal had chewed it or something. Then noticed the other one was breaking down in several places - the wicker almost looks like it is dissolving and with any pressure applied from sitting on it it just breaks.

At the same time I purchased the Balencia chaises I purchased a wicker chair from World Market for $34 and a wicker table from Target for $20 - they are in the same spot by the pool as the Frontgate chaises and are totally fine.Very disappointed!

gjallen3
to Patricia New Jersey, United States #1335542

My first thought is that a mouse had chewed on it too.Upon closer inspection I noticed the plastic just crumbling in my hands.

These chairs are only outside in the summer months. The are undercover in the fall winter and spring. I spent $Thousands at Frontgate. No more.

It's not like I'm demanding they replace it. I'll pay for one. I just don't think I should have to pay for the pair.

By the way the other Balencia pieces are turning green now.Just a matter of time.

gjallen3
to gjallen3 Shamong, New Jersey, United States #1335660

Just checked another one of my chairs.It is beginning to deteriorate too.

Sounds like the beginning of a Class Action Law Suit.

We can to be the only two.If there are others who have experienced this problem please let me know.